Certification Course: Systems Thinking Advisor: Session 12
This certification product is designed to equip participants with new skills, methods, and knowledge for the process side of Superperformance, as well as provide a simple but comprehensive framework for 21st Century operations excellence-one that participants can apply at the project, function, or enterprise-level to revolutionize performance.
Central to the curriculum is a fresh understanding of how organizations, functions, and projects operate as organisms. It brings alive many traditional systems thinking concepts, including purpose, flow, the interdependence of parts, and feedback, but also many new complex adaptive systems concepts, like self-organization, the edge of chaos, increasing returns, fractal self-reference, and emergence.
Through systematic completion of over 25 integrated charts and processes, participants will implement an end-to-end system of five activities for Operations excellence. In addition, participants will review Deming’s famous System of Profound Knowledge for Optimization of a System as it relates to Superperformance, tracing the evolution of management science from Machine to Organism View.
- Acquire an end-to-end framework for system-level operations excellence
- Master the five activities which are foundational for Operations Excellence
- Be able to shift focus from short to long-term thinking, planning, and execution.
- Advise the implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS) as a central component of Operations Excellence
- Gain an appreciation for organizations as organisms, or living, complex adaptive systems
Who Should Take This Course
- Chief Operations Officers
- Operations Leaders
- Performance Improvement Professionals
- System and Industrial Engineers
- Organization Designers
- Quality Management and Assurance Professionals
- Project Managers
- Organization Effectiveness Professionals
- Supervisors and Managers
Barbara is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB) and Systems Thinking facilitator and Operations Excellence Lead with Superfication® Enterprises. She is a results-driven industrial and systems engineer with a thirty-year history of implementing quality and performance measurement systems in multiple industries. These positions have provided her with a seasoned perspective, comprehensive knowledge of all elements of business performance systems design and architecture, as well as a clear understanding of the need for a cohesive operations excellence strategy that supports both the short and long term goals of client organizations. Barbara is a seasoned executive coach, advising leadership teams and others as appropriate to create a system thinking environment and to achieve strategic business objectives. Barbara has a Bachelors in Industrial Management from Clemson University and an MBA from Georgia College. She is an active member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers and a Certified AS9100 and AS9110Lead Auditor.